- This event has passed.
The New UK AI Strategy: How should it look?
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence
EVIDENCE SESSION – The New UK AI Strategy: How should it look?
Make your registration for the event on our community platform, APPG AI Pavilion, where you will also see the list of Evidence Givers and speakers before the event
On behalf of the APPG AI Chairs, Stephen Metcalfe MP and Lord Clement-Jones CBE, and the Secretariat at Big Innovation Centre, we would like to invite you to our Evidence Meeting: AI research and development after Brexit: A review of the AI Sector Deal.
- Roger Taylor, Chair, Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation (CDEI)
- Carly Kind, Director, Ada Lovelace Institute
- Maria Axente, Responsible AI and AI for Good Lead, PwC UK
- Jim Weatherall, Vice President, Data Science & AI, R&D, AstraZeneca
- Tabitha Goldstaub, Co-founder of CogX. Chair, UK government’s AI Council
- Dr Steven Croft, Bishop of Oxford. Founding Board Member, CDEI
Questions to inspire:
• Reviewing investment and uptake of AI in the UK.
• Analysing the impact of the AI Sector Deal
• Overview of the current state of R&D in the UK and discussing the UK’s strategy for AI development post-Brexit
• Reviewing investment in AI in 2020/21 (venture capitals, crowdsourcing finance, investment houses, banks, and so forth).
There will be 4 to 8 formal Evidence Givers
There will also be an opportunity to share your opinion and raise practical questions.
This event will be filmed