- This event has passed.
APPG Evidence Meeting – Public Health: How can AI help in the fight against COVID-19?
Evidence Meeting – Public Health: How can AI help in the fight against COVID-19?
Monday, 6th April 2020 | 5:30-6:30 PM GMT
Venue: Zoom Webinar: MAKE YOUR REGISTRATION HERE
The aim of this APPG AI meeting is to discuss opportunities of AI technologies in the detection of and fight against COVID-19 in the UK.
We would like to critically reflect on the experiences that other countries have already made with AI technologies in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic and talk about how AI can be used in different fields ranging from epidemiology to immunology to apps that facilitate disease control.
Questions to consider:
- How can AI technologies contribute to the early detection of an epidemic?
- How can AI facilitate to the rapid development of vaccines against new types of viruses in the future?
- How can AI support the early diagnosis of viruses and in taking measures that will prevent viruses from spreading?
- Prof Tim Spector, Professor of Genetic Epidemiology at King’s College London and honorary consultant Physician at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals
- Chris Harbron, Expert Statistician within the Methods, Collaboration and Outreach (MCO) group of the Biostatistics function, Roche
- Prof Shannon Vallor, Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence, Futures Institute, The University of Edinburgh
- Dr Richard Dybowski, AI Researcher, St John’s College, University of Cambridge
- James Kingston, Deputy Director, HatLab
- Adam Riccoboni, CEO, Critical Future