- This event has passed.
CENTRAL BANKS DIGITAL CURRENCY (CBDC) AND STABLECOINS: Assessing A New Monetary Paradigm
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain)
EVIDENCE SESSION – CENTRAL BANKS DIGITAL CURRENCY (CBDC) AND STABLECOINS: Assessing A New Monetary Paradigm
Questions to inspire:
– What is Central Banks Digital Currency (CBDC)?
– Which are the opportunities and challenges for CBDC, and how should CBDC be designed?
– Should CBDC be a substitute or a complement to physical notes?
– What technology could CBDC use?
- Commissioner Hester M. Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Natacha Valla, Dean, Sciences Po’s School of Management and Innovation, and Former Deputy Director-General for Monetary Policy, European Central Bank
- Christian Catalini, Co-Creator & Chief Economist, Diem Association, (Facebook-backed digital currency)
- Rhomaios Ram, CEO, Fnality International
- Jonny Fry, Advisor, Stratis Platform
There will be 4 to 8 formal Evidence Givers
There will also be an opportunity to share your opinion and raise practical questions.
This event will be filmed