- This event has passed.
CRYPTOCURRENCY & CRYPTO PAYMENTS: Cryptocurrency as payments – The current state of affairs
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain)
Evidence Session – CRYPTOCURRENCY & CRYPTO PAYMENTS: Cryptocurrency as payments – The current state of affairs
Register – link here
On behalf of the APPG Blockchain Chair Martin Docherty-Hughes MP, and the Secretariat at Big Innovation Centre, we would like to invite you to our Evidence Meeting on CRYPTOCURRENCY & PAYMENTS.
Questions to inspire:
- What is the current stage of Government’s and mainstream brands in accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment?
- What does the current development of cryptocurrencies mean for financial stakeholders – How are they now responding/adapting to the developments?
- How should cryptocurrency payment systems be regulated to make it safer for investors and less appealing to cybercriminals?
- Should cryptocurrencies be seen as a security? A commodity? Or a property?
- Will Government’s develop their own cryptocurrencies to rival those already in the market? (to follow China’s example)
There will be 4 to 8 formal Evidence Givers.
There will also be an opportunity to share your opinion and raise practical questions.
This event will be filmed.