CYBERSECURITY, PRIVACY & FRAUD: New opportunities or new risk?
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain)
Evidence Session – CYBERSECURITY, PRIVACY & FRAUD: New opportunities or new risk?
We would like to invite you to our Evidence Meeting on CYBERSECURITY, PRIVACY & FRAUD.
Questions to inspire:
- Will Blockchain technology help or hinder increasing cybersecurity?
- To what sort of cyber-attacks could Blockchain networks be a suitable protection mechanism?
- Are the existing cybersecurity standards emerging which are useful for Blockchain adoption?
- Will it be necessary to harmonise security standards applied in Blockchain Networks?
- How will the intrinsic characteristics of Blockchains (i.e., the distributed architecture and consensus mechanism) impact in the security of the network?
Privacy & Identity Management:
- What does blockchain technologies mean for anonymity & freedom?
- Can blockchain be the definitive tool to protect personal data privacy and security?
- Can blockchain offer a solution to ‘deepfakes’, identifying, tracking and labelling manipulated media across digital platforms?
- Will digital identity create transparency that will minimise crime?
- Can blockchain help to end cyber-fraud, or are there ways fraudsters will use blockchains to facilitate fraud?
- Should governments increase the uptake of blockchain technologies in order to tackle fraud?
- What are the regulatory issues we need to consider?
- What should Governments do?
- What degree of transparency and security on blockchains is needed to create trust?
There will be 4 to 8 formal Evidence Givers.
There will also be an opportunity to share your opinion and raise practical questions.
This event will be filmed