- This event has passed.
GOVERNMENT, DEMOCRACY & VOTING
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain)
Evidence Session – GOVERNMENT, DEMOCRACY & VOTING
We would like to invite you to our Evidence Meeting in UK Parliament online.
Questions to inspire:
- How can blockchain strengthen established democratic practices in more developed countries? i.e. boosting voter turnout through electronic voting systems.
- Can blockchain ease concerns about the transition to a digital democracy? (i.e. electoral fraud doesn’t seem as much of a potential problem)
- Does blockchain-based voting live up to democratic principles, when competitors acquire tokens, or when voter authentication is not guaranteed?
- What regulation / legislation is required to allow blockchain to be compatible with existing legal and organisational frameworks?
- Does blockchain have a role to play in less strong democracies? (i.e. could it help to tackle issues such as corruption?)
- Lord Holmes of Richmond, House of Lords
- Dr. Luke Riley, Head of Innovation, Quant Network
- Dr. Robert Herian, Open University
- Tracey Lane, Practice Manager, World Bank
- Dr. Steve Schneider, Director of the Surrey Centre for Cyber Security, University of Surrey
There will be 4 to 8 formal Evidence Givers.
There will also be an opportunity to share your opinion and raise practical questions.
This event will be filmed.