- This event has passed.
ENGAGEMENT – FACIAL AND EMOTION RECOGNITION IN SOCIETY (Citizen Participation and Data Governance)
Palace of Westminster (Committee Room 2, House of Lords), London – THIS EVENT WILL MOVE ONLINE
All-Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence
EVIDENCE SESSION: FACIAL AND EMOTION RECOGNITION IN SOCIETY (Citizen Participation and Data Governance)
Registration HERE via Zoom
On behalf of the APPG AI Chairs, Stephen Metcalfe MP and Lord Clement-Jones CBE, and the Secretariat at Big Innovation Centre, we would like to invite you to our Evidence Meeting: FACIAL AND EMOTION RECOGNITION IN SOCIETY (Citizen Participation and Data Governance)
Questions to inspire:
- How are new data-driven technologies affecting public and private life and which policies are needed to protect citizens?
- How are predictive analytics, face recognition technologies and affective computing changing law enforcement, the justice system, working life, and advertising?
- What can the government do to protect citizens from discriminatory and exploitative trends that these technologies might compound?
- Professor Nadia Bianchi-Berthouze, Professor & Deputy Director of University College London Interaction Centre (UCLIC)
- Dr Temitayo Olugbade, Research Fellow at UCLIC
- Matthias Spielkamp, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Algorithm Watch
- Dr Seeta Peña Gangadharan, Assistant Professor in the Department of Media and Communications, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Matt Celuszak, CEO, Element Human
- Silkie Carlo, Director, Big Brother Watch
- Andrew Bud CBE, CEO and Founder, iProov
- Co-Chairs: Lord Clement-Jones CBE and Stephen Metcalfe MP, UK Parliament
- APPG Secretariat: Professor Birgitte Andersen, Big Innovation Centre