- This event has passed.
BIC TALK: Social Contract Summit 2019
2019 Social Contract Summit –Delivering Value for All
co-hosted by Indepen and The Water Report on Tuesday 5 November at Central Hall Westminster.
Professor Birgitte Andersen features in’societal megatrends’ panel, The panel will explore how significant changes in demographics, climate change, automation, digitalisation and public trust will affect essential services provision and providers, including the water sector. It will also consider the role of social enterprise in this context.
The water sector has embraced the challenge to provide more public value to citizens, society and the environment. How it delivers that, while the simultaneously growing value for investors and ensuring bills are affordable for customers, are the questions to be answered. On Tuesday 5 November, Indepen and The Water Report will host the ‘2019 Social Contract Summit – Value for All’ event at Central Hall Westminster. This will provide an opportunity for decision-makers across the sector to address these crucial issues and others. The invite-only event – for senior sector leaders, politicians, regulators and stakeholders – will mark the 30th anniversary of water privatisation and consider what needs to be done to ‘reset’ the industry at this important staging post. How should the sector evolve to deliver sustainable value for all in the context of today’s circumstances and then sustain it for the 30 years to come? The event follows Indepen and The Water Report’s inaugural ‘Defining the Social Contract Summit’, held on November 2018. A full report of which is available here.
Confirmed Speakers so far:
- Angela Smith MP, Co-Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Water Group (Chair)
- Prof Birgitte Andersen, CEO, Big Innovation Centre
- Rachel Fletcher, Chief Executive, Ofwat
- Steve Mogford, Chief Executive, United Utilities
- Ian McAulay, Chief Executive, Southern Water
- John Reynolds, Chief Executive, Castle Water
- Peter Simpson, Chief Executive, Anglian Water
- Colin Skellett, Chief Executive, Wessex Water
- Bob Taylor, Chief Executive, Portsmouth Water
- Rebecca Burgess, Chief Executive, City to Sea
- Pete Fox, Director of Water, Land and Biodiversity, Environment Agency
- Robert Light, Chair, CCWater
- Iain McGuffog, Director of Strategy and Regulation, Bristol Water
- Simon Parsons, Director of Strategic Customer Service Planning, Scottish Water
- Jon Rathjen, Water Industry Team Leader, Scottish Government
- Bill Seddon, former Chief Executive of the Central Finance Board of the MethodistChurch
For more info visit the website: